Monday, May 17, 2010

The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti

For a book with two covers it's not that big of a deal for me. I did enjoy reading the book and Jade really captured my heart but there was a little bit too much going on. Her mom with the school/Her dad making this thing which I don't why he's doing it/Her little brother and sports/red jacket boy. Then comes in Mother with child. Is the mother alive? Is she dead? Did he lie? While all of this is going on there's elephant drama and elephants having human behavior teaching the rest of us a lesson. The skimmed trough the quotes at the begging of every chapter though. Sorry if I cannot give any opinion on that. I really just wanted to know what was going to happen with her and the boy. I didn't care about the rest. At the end the story have these fortune cookie lines which took me by surprise but I really liked them. I really wish she hadn't made that desicion though and, to be honest, if I could change a couple things in the book I would. Then again I could change a lot of things in all the books I read. I would give this book 3 stars (✮✮✮) Pick it up, read it. But I wouldn't really read it again unless it's to steal the quotes.

The Nature of Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment